How to Clean Cellular Blinds
Owning a Cellular blind entails huge cleaning responsibility. Cellular blinds can be an appealing window covering and also serve various functions in your home such as providing shade and also provide privacy. The good thing to note is that cleaning cellular blind is quite an easy task and only requires little effort.
Proper maintenance should be implemented because having dirty cellular blind reflects the personality of the owner is very unhealthy. Dusty cellular blinds trigger various allergic reactions especially skin rashes and allergic rhinitis. The vital thing that you should possess in cleaning cellular blind is having willingness to do the work.
The things that you will need are vacuum cleaner and attachment, dry towel, bucket, cotton cloth, mild liquid soap and warm water. Here are the steps in keeping cellular blinds clean and appealing.
- Gather the necessary materials. Before cleaning the blinds, make sure to remove first any dust particles. You can do this by using a vacuum cleaner attachment.
- Read the manufacturer’s guide with your cellular blind. If it can be detached, then it’s a good thing. You can then remove the cellular blinds on its place to have more access in cleaning. You can perform the cleaning process in your sink or bathroom.
- Make a mild cleaning solution by obtaining a bucket and fill in with enough water. Add your liquid soap and stir properly.
- Dip your cotton cloth into your soapy solution and gently wipe the cellular blinds.
- Be very careful in wiping cellular blinds as they can easily be folded.
- Leave the soapy solution for few minutes allowing the soapy solution to gently loosen the dirt.
- Brush of the shade with your microfiber cloth in a gentle motion. Make sure to properly remove any dirt or stain.
- Wash the window blinds with warm water and pat dry using a dry soft towel or get another dry microfiber if you still have one.
- Hang the cellular blinds and allow it to dry for few hours.
- After it has dried, place it back to the window.
Proper maintenance is the best way to keep your blinds clean. You can do this by regularly wiping the blinds with a feather duster at least twice a week. Some cellular blinds can be detached and can be soaked with water. You have to read the instruction first before doing the soaking method.
Avoid using harsh cleaning solution in cleaning cellular blind as this may damage the coat of your shade. If using a soapy solution does not remove the stain, you can call for professional cleaners to help remove any spot. One disadvantage in seeking help to professional cleaner is that it cost a lot of money.
Avoid using bleach or cleaning solutions with ammonia content. Ammonia is very harmful to your health once inhaled and it also leaves strong odor with your cellular shade.
Video 01: How to Clean Cellular Shades
Video 02: How to Clean Honeycomb Shades