How to Clean a Coffee Maker
Wanting to maintain a clean coffee maker is crucial especially for persons who adore drinking coffee. Cleaning coffee maker is very easy as long as you are knowledgeable on the cleaning process.
The things that you will need are mild soap, sponge, and water and lemon juice.
Here are the steps in cleaning coffee maker:
- Assemble all the equipments. Unplug any electrical connections. Detach the coffee pot and wash the inner portion with warm water.
- Make a soapy solution by mixing hot water and mild soap. Stir properly. You also need to clean the filters of your coffee maker.
- Get your sponge and properly scrub your coffee pot. Moisten the sponge with your soapy solution. You can also use a cotton cloth dip into your soapy solution. Make sure to include the filter, the edges and other areas as well as the heating element.
- If the coffee pot has mineral deposit, use an organic acid like lemon juice. Acid application can help remove debris and molds in your coffee pot.
- Get your bowl and fill in with cold water. Add lemon juice into your bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in your lemon solution inside your coffee pot chamber. Make certain that your filter basket is in place so that water won’t spill. Let the acid sit for few minutes.
- Rinse off your coffee maker with cold distilled water. Distilled water is more ideal as it prevents mineral deposit. Properly rinse your pot for 2 to 3 times to make sure that the lemon solution is totally removed.
Cleaning coffee maker is very crucial to achieve a good tasting coffee. It is best to do the cleaning procedure at least once or twice a month. Keeping your coffee pot clean is easy to obtain and is inexpensive. You can also use white vinegar as a form of natural acid cleaning solution. Avoid using cleaning solutions with ammonia content as this can be very dangerous especially when not properly rinse.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!