How to Clean Eyeglasses
Nowadays, eyeglasses are relatively expensive. They are made up of plastic lenses that have special coatings against glare and ultraviolet rays. Furthermore, these eyeglasses are also scratch resistant. With this, routine cleaning is important to prolong its life and keep it looking new and clear. Proper knowledge on the cleaning process is important to avoid abrading the coating of your eyeglasses which later cause scratch marks on the plastic lenses.
The things that you will need are mild soap, water and eyeglasses.
Here are the important instructions in cleaning eyeglasses:
- Wash your hands first under running water and use a mild soap.
- Rinse your eyeglasses with running water to remove dirt particles on the surrounding lens. This is also important especially if you are working on outdoors as dirt particles easily penetrate on the lens.
- Apply generous amount of mild liquid soap on your wet hands and rub the surface of your eyeglasses on a gentle manner. This helps eliminate grease and oil deposits on your lens.
- Rinse the eyeglasses again with running water under low pressure to remove any soapy residue. Check for remaining smudges on the surface of your lens. If there are still dirt on the lens, repeat the rubbing method with water and mild soap.
- After making sure that your eyeglasses are clean, blow the lens vigorously on the outer and inner portion of the lenses to aid in removal of water droplets. Avoid wiping the interior part of the lens as you may scratch the surface. You can only wipe the outside edges of the eyeglass rims.
For easy cleaning, wipe your eyeglasses with a microfiber cloth if it starts to appear cloudy.
Video: How to Clean Glasses