How to Clean Blinds
A blind is a kind of a screen or coat of diverse types using distinct methods and components. The very common among them is the window blind which is usually created having strips of cloth, chemically manufactured materials, timber or alloys. However, there are also some that are made out of one big cut of a whole material on behalf of the strips.
To clean blinds are easy by following these procedures:
- If your blinds are made of strips, closing the strips thoroughly to show the maximum space of your blinds will be a good idea. Then get a vacuum extended with a cleaning tool with bristles and clean the blinds using your tools. Do this routine at least four times in a month to make sure that it’s clean and pretty to look at. Either your blinds are of timber, alloy or chemically manufactured materials, this procedure will do well.
- If you happen to see some prints or traces and stubborn dirt developing in the blinds after vacuuming, then you have to do additional step. Get a sponge or a damp cloth and wipe those spots you saw. To prevent water marks, softly dry the blinds with your sponge or cloth.
- For blinds that have very stubborn dirt, a thorough cleaning is needed. First, use a vacuum to take off dust as many as it can. Detach the strips and submerge them to a mixture of water and small drip of a gentle dishwashing soap. Strips made of alloy, chemically manufactured and painted one are to be submerge but do not do this when your strips are of timber or with fancy tapes. You can use a tub to do this. To prevent water spotting, wipe the blinds dry thoroughly.
- Dullness is a possible problem for blinds with whitish knot, cord and fastened surface. You may use a whitish shoe shiner to those whitish surfaces to momentarily cover-up the dullness if bathing them doesn’t work.
- If you want an alternative cleaner that is cheap and safe for any materials, you can use vinegar. Just get a damp cloth and wet a part of it with vinegar. Apply the cloth with vinegar to the strips of your blinds to remove the dirt. Do it to all the strips while occasionally halting to wash off the dirt and add more vinegar to your cloth. (Note: Refer to the manufacturer’s instruction for any instructions that need more attention.) Like any other cleanser, keep it out from children’s reach and don’t let it be close to your skin for a long time and never close to your eyes.
Cleanliness is next to godliness and it mirrors our personally. It doesn’t matter that we don’t really live in a mansion as long as we try our best to have a humble, clean and presentable home. That’s what matters most.
Related Cleaning Tips
How did this cleaning tip work for you? Do you have any tips, advice or questions – please let us know below!
Your contribution will help CleaningTips.com grow and provide the best quality tips for others!
|[…] only make your window messy but can also trigger respiratory allergies and skin allergies. Cleaning window blinds is very easy as long as you have proper knowledge on the cleaning […]|