A curtain also known as a drape is a piece of cloth proposed to obstruct light, drafts or even water. Curtains add beauty to a home, a building, a business office, and etc. You make use of your curtain also to strain the dust that may be in your surroundings. Curtain comes in different designs and colors. A place is more attractive if a piece of curtain is hung in the window. There are a lot of ways on how to clean your curtains or drapes. Cleaning is fun and easy. That is why there is no excuse for you not to regularly clean your curtains at home.
For cleaning your curtain, these are the following things you need to prepare: vinegar, baking soda, water, large bucket, mild soap.
- Set aside all other activities for the day. Since you will be using your time cleaning your curtains at home.
- Prepare your cleaning solution first.
- Fill in ¾ of water to your bucket.
- Put 2 tablespoon of vinegar to your bucket. Then add 1 table spoon of baking soda.
- Set aside the solution.
- Take down your curtains and check the back part of the curtain fabric by simply stretching the curtain and feeling it using your hands.
- If there are damages, please do take note. Since you won’t want to completely ruin your curtains while you will be cleaning it.
- Since the curtains are now ready for cleaning, soak the curtains in your bucket with water and vinegar solution. The solution is helpful because, this can naturally give you a natural cleaner effect. Baking sodas are useful to get rid of the smell of your dusty curtains. And the vinegar has a natural germicidal effect.
- Leave it for at least 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, rinse the curtain with clean water.
- Half fill the bucket with water. Get your mild soap. Preferably, liquid form. Then dilute.
- Take your pre-cleaned curtain inside the bucket. Then wash it using your hands. Make sure not to use too much force since you may destroy the curtain cloth.
- Do not machine wash your curtains. Hand washing is more preferable.
- After washing, squeeze out any excess water.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Fill in again your bucket with water. Place a fabric conditioner into the bucket. Then soak your curtain for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, squeeze out excess water.
- Once you have totally squeezed out the excess water, prepare it for hanging.
- Hang your curtains away from direct sunlight. This is because putting it under the sun might cause the color of your curtains to fade.
- After half an hour, you will have that fresh-smelling curtain ready to be used again.
VIDEO: Curtains How To Clean