If you are a professional dancer or an amateur dancer, your dancing shoes are one valuable item for you aside from your dance costumes right? You consider them as precious since you cannot be completely called as a dancer if you do not have dancing shoes. Since you consider this as valuable, you take good care of it like any other valuable item you have in your closet.
Shoes may be expensive and stylish, that is why proper cleaning and proper care is necessary to make it look new every after use. As a dancer, you would always want to have that perfectly fit and shape shoes. There are proper ways on how you can clean your dancing shoes. The following steps are basic steps and easy to follow routine to clean your dancing shoes.
Prepare the following materials:
- Warm water
- Soft damp cloth (2)
- Shoe brush
- Mild detergent soap
- Baking soda
- Paper towels or news paper
Steps to follow:
- With the use of your shoe brush, brush the dirt off your shoes. Start from the cleanest to the dirtiest area. Brush vigorously from sole to sole. Turn the shoes to expose other dirty areas that needs to be cleaned.
- In a basin, fill it up with water and detergent soap.
- Soak your soft cloth with the soap solution and wring out the excess water. Do not over wet the cloth or else you will destroy the shape of your dancing shoes.
- Wipe it from top to sole to clean your shoes. Do it to the other pair.
- Wipe of the shoes with a dry and clean cloth. Stuff paper towels or newspaper to your shoes.
- Place a pea-sized amount of your shoe shine to your shoes. Rub it from the exterior of your shoes. Make sure that the shoe shine is well distributed in your shoes.
- You can use your brush or dry cloth to finish and polish your shoes.
- Use shoes alternately. Avoid wearing same shoes everyday. Give your shoes time to rest and breathe, by doing so; you will be increasing the life of your shoes.
- If your shoes get wet, allow it to dry for at least 24 hours. Do not blow dry or place it under the sun.
- Always do regular cleaning of your shoes. You can use any shoe cleaning product for your shoes.
- Do not use your shoes on wet area. Keep it dry at all times to preserve its shape and fit.
VIDEO: Dance Shoes How To Clean