Most dogs accidentally poop anywhere inside the house. When this occurs on your carpet, it can be very messy and leaves bad smell. There is a proper cleaning procedure in getting rid of dog poops and other semi solid stuff off carpet.
How To Clean Dog Poop From Carpet
The things that you will need are rubber gloves, disposable mask, enzymatic shampoo cleaner or carpet cleaner, sponge, paper towel and water.
Here are the few instructions in cleaning dog poop from your carpet:
- Put on your rubber gloves and disposable mask. This will protect your hands from getting contaminated with dog poop as it may contain bacteria.
- Use a paper towel and lift up as much dog poop as possible. Do not crush the poop as it can penetrate into the fibers of your carpet making it hard to remove.
- Discard the poop in a garbage can.
- Get another paper towel and slowly lift the remaining dog poop.
- Use a white cloth and moisten it with tap water. Blot the affected area with the cloth and pull off more poops.
- It is best to purchase a carpet shampoo cleaner. Spray the affected area with your carpet cleaner. An enzymatic shampoo is specifically designed to remove carpet stains including pet stains and food stains.
- Use another paper towel and slowly scrub the area using your cleaning solution. Let it sit for few minutes as indicated in your commercial cleaner.
- Moisten a sponge with warm water. Brush off the area to remove any shampoo residue and dirt particles. Repeat this step twice.
- Use a dry sponge to suck in excess water in the area.
- Wipe the area with a clean towel and allow it to dry by opening the windows or using a fan.
Avoid using harsh cleaning solution as this can discolor your carpet. Ammonia based solutions are also not advisable as it can be very hazardous when inhaled. Test your cleaning solution first on small area of the carpet to make sure that it doesn’t fade the color of your fiber.