Dress shoes are a valuable item in our closet. Some of you spend lots of money to get the latest and signature shoes. Let’s admit it; a shoe really is a bit pricey, right? Since these shoes are a bit pricey, we would want to preserve its functionality.
Dress shoes are not like sneaker shoes where you can let your washing machine do the cleaning. Here’s the thing, the more you regularly take care of your shoes, and the more you get to increase its functionality.
Here are some simple steps to clean those dirty, smelly dress shoes of yours. It’s very easy and fast.
Just prepare the following things:
- Backing soda
- Plastic bags
- Wash cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Shoe shine
- Shoe brush
- Clean stockings
- Small basin
- Assess your shoe first. It is important for you to be able to identify what action that you need to do.
- Place your shoe inside a plastic bag or a zip lock bag and secure it. Place it inside your fridge freezer for at least twenty-four hours.
- Get your damp cloth and initially wipe the top part of your dress shoes. This is to remove soil, dust and etc that stick into your shoes.
- In a small basin combine 4 parts of water and 1 part of baking soda.
- Wet your damp cloth with the solution and scrub it inside your shoes. This solution can remove odor of your shoes.
- After you have completely scrubbed the inside of your shoes, fill in your shoes with some news paper to keep its shape as it will dry.
- Allow it to dry. Do not place it under the sun.
- Once dried you can place shoe shine to your shoes. Shoe shine adds protection to your shoes.
- You can now use your newly cleaned dress shoes.
Tips to Ponder:
- Sprinkle baking soda to your shoes after every use.
- Always carry a wet tissue with you. You can use this when you want to clean it on a rush.
- Alternate shoes. Give your shoes a time to rest.
VIDEO: Dress Shoes How To Clean