¿How much does a chemical engineer make in the United States?? The salary of a chemical engineer in the United States it is typically $ 106,079 per year. Although the salary range usually goes from $ 65,200 to $ 172,700 per year.
That said, be a ing. chemical It is synonymous with having studied one of the highest paid careers in the United States, taking into account that the salaries received by these professionals may vary due to various factors.
What is the salary of a chemical engineer by state?
One of the main factors that plays as a variant of the salary of a chemical engineer, is the state in which they are practicing, below is a list of states with the highest monthly salaries for chemical engineers:
- Alaska: $ 10,430.
- Alabama: $ 8,392.
- Arkansas: $ 7,560.
- Arizona: $ 8,340.
- California: $ 8,213.
- Colorado: $ 7,895.
- District of Columbia: $ 10,504.
- Delaware: $ 9,756.
- Florida: $ 7,619.
- Georgia: $ 7,563.
- Iowa: $ 8,386.
- Idaho: $ 8,898.
- Kentucky: $ 8,431.
- Maryland: $ 9,525.
- Missouri: $ 8,495.
- New Jersey: $ 9,610.
- New Mexico: $ 8,690.
- New York: $ 7,610.
- Massachusetts: $ 7,538.
- Washington: $ 7,486.
- New Hampshire: $ 7,336.
- Hawaii: $ 7,238.
- Connecticut: $ 6,984.
- Rhode Island: $ 6,927.
- Vermont: $ 6,889.
- Nebraska: $ 6,881.
- Nevada: $ 6,864.
- North Dakota: $ 6,838.
How Much Does a Chemical Engineer Charge for Years of Experience?
The length of time that these professionals have been practicing their career also influences the remuneration that employers are willing to pay for candidates who apply for this job position.
Below we share the following reference table with annual salaries:
|Less than a year||$ 67,000|
|14 years||$ 72,000|
|5 – 9 years||$ 87,000|
|10 – 19 years||$ 101,000|
|More than 20 years||$ 124,000|
What is a chemical engineer
A chemical engineer is a professional who is dedicated to the design, creation and optimization of systematized methods and equipment that are used to carry out processes of a chemical, industrial, biological and even environmental nature.
What does a chemical engineer do
Within the functions of professionals in ing. chemistry there is the production of various materials, such as combustion materials, fertilizers, processed foods, pharmacy products, brewery products, and perfumes.
The chemical engineers also aim to comply with the methods of production of various chemicals in factories they are faster, more effective and therefore they pollute the environment as little as possible.
Chemical Engineering Career Field
The labor field of a chemical engineer It is usually quite broad, so this represents many job opportunities for this professional profile, below is a list of the fields in which a chemical engineer can work according to their specialty:
- Bioprocesses: Here this professional works with pharmacy products, as well as the food and beverage industries.
- Chemical processes: It includes working with the fertilizer industry, caustic soda, glass, among other chemical products.
- Combustion: It is here where the chemist is seen working in gigantic industrial furnaces, it is here where he is involved in gas and coal generation processes, as well as recovering valuable energy that can be extracted from waste materials.
- Petroleum: Without a doubt, it is one of the fields where chemistry professionals are most often required.
- Minerals sector: Mineral industries require chemical engineers who
Companies where a chemical engineer can work
All companies that are dedicated to large-scale conversion of raw materials require chemical development engineers, If you have chosen this profession, then you can work as a chemical engineer in companies such as:
- Oil refineries.
- Gas extraction companies.
- Nuclear power generators.
- Metallurgical companies.
- Plastic factories.
- Perfume factories.
- Food factories.
Chemical engineering specialties
If you have graduated from a degree in chemical engineering, then you can choose to specialize in one of the various branches of study that make up chemical engineering:
Also known as medicinal chemistry, is a branch of chemistry that is responsible for studying drugs and the way in which they are developed. Study pharmaceutical chemistry It is undoubtedly a way for those who want to contribute to the development of remedies that help save lives. This specialty includes other subspecialties such as:
- Drug metabolism.
The food chemistry It is the branch of chemistry that studies how those components that make up food interact, whether they are biological or non-biological components, are processed.
Universities to study chemical engineering United States
Interested in pursue a degree program in chemical engineering? The demand for this university degree in chemical engineering has become one of the most requested within universities, here are some of Top 3 Universities to Study Chemical Engineering in the United States.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: One of the best universities to study chemical engineering, it has come to be recognized as the best in the world by the QS world ranking of universities.
- Stanford University: If you live in a country other than the United States and you want to go to study at one of the best universities outside your country, Stanford University is one of your best options to pursue a degree in chemical engineering. It is known in different countries thanks to its popularity.
- University of California Barkeley: Noted for its laboratories for conducting research, it is one of the universities with the best reputation for studying chemical engineering.
Chemical engineer job
Chemical engineers can work either in laboratories or offices, they usually work an average of 40 hours a week in the United States. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is estimated that there will be a 6% increase between 2018 and 2028 for jobs for this profession.
✅How long is the career of a chemical engineer?
Bachelor’s degree programs in chemical engineering are typically 4 years in length.
Share it with your friends!