¿How much does a gynecologist make in the United States? and in the rest of the countries? The gynecology career, which trains professionals specialized in the health care of the female reproductive system, is one of the highest paid careers in the United States, stay to know how much you can earn in this profession.
The salary of gynecologists in the United States is usually $ 204,000 per year, while in New Zealand, their salary is an approximate average of $ 124,714 per year, but on the other hand, we have Canada, where these specialists earn an average salary of $ 315,044 annually.
How much does a gynecologist charge per hour?
Often the salary of a gynecologist it is usually $ 138 per hour in the United States market and is in the range of $ 120 to $ 167.
The main reason gynecologist salaries can vary is due to their years of experience, certifications, level of education, as well as the employer for whom they are serving.
How much do gynecologists earn in other countries?
Below we show you a table with the salaries per year for gynecologists in different countries.
|Gynecology salary – Mexico||7,000 MXN – 33,000 MXN per month|
|Salary of a gynecologist in Chile||4,390,000 Chilean pesos per month|
|Gynecologist salary – Argentina||106,000 ARS per month|
|Gynecology salary – Peru:||S / 145,740 per year|
What is a gynecologist?
A gynecologist what is it for?, Gynecologists are specialists in surgery who take care of the health of the reproductive system of women, taking care of women’s medical conditions, related to menstruation, contraceptive problems, menopause, among other clinical conditions that are related to women’s health.
Most gynecologists are usually also obstetricians, the latter is the specialist in women’s pregnancy issues, also including care for the woman who is about to give birth, as well as monitoring the stage following delivery, which is known as the puerperium.
A medical professional who combines the specialty of obstetrics with gynecology, in his work can cover areas of prevention, detect if there is any type of STD, and other areas that are directly related that require the attention of an obstetrician or gynecologist.
What does a gynecologist do?
Within the gynecologist functions, various procedures are often used to carry out surgical operations or medical evaluations of the woman, which may include tasks such as:
- Remove an ovary.
- Remove a folapium tube.
- Biopsies, in case of a sign of uterine cancer.
- Remove a fibroid from the uterus.
- Tell diagnose and treat STDs.
Difference between gynecologist and obstetrician
The difference between an obstetrician and a gynecologist is that while an obstetrician is a health professional specialized in obstetrics and is in charge of attending to issues related to fertility in women and pregnancy from the prenatal stage to the postnatal stage, gynecologists they do not address a woman’s pregnancy situations and focus on a woman’s sexual health and the female reproductive system.
How to be a gynecologist
Since female health professionals cannot be absent, becoming a gynecologist / obstetrician is one of the best decisions when choosing a career that is related to the field of medicine, let’s see some requirements below:
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree: The schools for aspiring doctors are concerned with having trained people, with a high degree of vocation in providing help to patients and who are truly passionate about the field of medicine.
- Acquire a doctor’s degree: Basically a program to study the medical career, usually has an average duration of 4 years, remember that an obstetrician / gynecologist is a specialist within the various specialties in the field of medicine, so becoming a qualified doctor is a step prior to specialization.
- Complete your residency program: Professionals in this field have the possibility of immersing themselves in their branch of specialty through a residency. According to the American Board of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the residency for those who aspire to be a gynecologist usually lasts 4 years.
- Acquire your license: One of the fundamental requirements for anyone who wishes to practice their profession in the field of medicine is to have a license from the respective State Medical Board.
- Get Board Certified: If you are going to apply for this certification from the American Board of Gynecology and Obstetrics, you will first have to show that you really have experience, but you must also pass the written and oral test or exam.
- Complete a scholarship program: There are scholarships for those who wish to expand their knowledge in gynecology and obstetrics; these programs last for 3 years and are carried out in hospital centers.
- Stay tuned for updates through continuous learning: In order for doctors’ licenses to remain in force, it is important to stay in continuous training.
If in any way you feel that your vocation is health care and attending to patients on issues of the female reproductive system or on pregnancy issues, then you should consider that this profession requires sacrifice, let’s see some universities in where to study gynecology in the United States:
- Harvard University.
- University of California, San Francisco.
- Columbia University.
- University of Pittsburgh.
- Oregon Health & Science University.
Stepping into this profession is synonymous with entering a world of high employability and good economic remuneration, which increases the possibilities of a rewarding employment and economic future.
Even, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is estimated that the demand for professional profiles such as obstetricians / gynecologists, has an increase of 16% between the decade of 2016 to 2026.
✅How much does an obstetrician earn?
The salary of an obstetrician in the United States is on average $ 19,239 per month.
✅How much does a gynecologist earn in Peru?
The salary for gynecologists in Peru is S / 145,740 per year on average. Per hour, they usually earn an average of S / 70.07 in Peru.
✅How much does a gynecologist earn in Argentina?
The salary of a gynecologist in Argentina on average it is 106,000 ARS per month.
✅How much does a gynecologist earn in Mexico?
The salary of a gynecologist in Mexico It is in a range of 7,000 MXN – 33,000 MXN per month.
Share it with your friends!