¿How much does a real estate agent make?? A real estate agent In the United States, he earns an average of $ 48,930 a year according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. But … Why choose this profession? Keep reading to learn more in detail!
Be a real estate agent In the United States it is a very lucrative profession, since it has been recorded that the highest salaries for real estate agents have been higher than $ 111,800.
On the other hand, in the country of Mexico, real estate agents regularly earn on commission. They are usually in a range of MXN 15,800 to MXN 46,400 per month.
In Mexico it is not necessarily essential to have a license to operate as a real estate agent.
What does a real estate agent do?
The real estate agents They are dedicated to organizing the sale or rental of real estate, be it a house or office buildings for its owners. Sounds simple right? Well, the reality of what this involves is very different.
You may also be interested in: How to invest in real estate.
Let’s take a look at what a real estate agent’s to-do list involves:
- Complete, issue, and file documents such as real estate agreements and records with the appropriate state real estate agencies.
- Planning and coordinating appointments with clients and other real estate agents.
- Carry out marketing strategies through promotional materials to attract new real estate clients.
- Respond to customer inquiries through calls or emails.
- Browse lists of customers who have bought, rented, or are waiting to be served.
- Stay up-to-date on trends in the real estate market.
How to be a real estate agent?
To work as real estate agent You do not need a university degree, you simply need to acquire a license to operate and it is not expensive.
However, it is advisable to follow the following steps:
1. Research state requirements
In the United States there is no real estate license that is valid at the national level, each state has its own rules and conditions to comply with.
That said, it is advisable to contact the Real Estate Regulatory Office of the state where you want to operate.
Another option would be to inquire with the Association of Real Estate Licensing Law Officers.
The requirements of each state may vary for:
- Application processes and costs.
- Background history and fingerprinting.
- Continuous training.
- Education level.
- Tests and be eligible to take them.
- Training before and after obtaining the license.
- Notification of judicial history.
2. Take training before obtaining your license
The next step is to acquire a real estate license from an accredited school, in order to be prepared for the next step that we will see below.
3. Take the real estate license exam
Once you have taken a course for real estate license, the time has come to take the exam.
The price for the exam real estate license it usually varies depending on the state where it is to be performed. The highest cost can be up to $ 300.
The exam is usually divided into two sections:
The first section consists of the most common principles and practices in real estate, while the second part consists of the legislation that governs the state where you are going to operate as a real estate agent.
Once you have passed the exam, you need to submit an application by mail, including the required documentation and fee, to the real estate agency in your state.
Once the above is done, when your application has been approved, then you will receive from the state an email with the certification of real estate license.
4. Choose a good real estate franchise
If you want your name to have greater recognition or credibility from potential clients, joining a prestigious real estate franchise is your next step.
Regularly the franchises of greater prestige tend to require a greater investment. Although you can also be sure that you can receive more support and better opportunities to succeed in this business.
Being a real estate agent can be synonymous with pursuing a profession that can earn you a lot of money, but preparation, being up-to-date in real estate, and having good marketing skills, as well as good interpersonal skills, will be crucial to being a successful agent.
✅How can I be a real estate agent?
1. Research the state’s requirements.
2. Train yourself through a course.
3. Obtain a real estate license.
4. Consider joining a real estate franchise.
Share it with your friends!