Boat shoes also know as deck shoes or Topsiders, are shoes supposedly designed to be used on boat. However, in the year 1935, modern style of topsiders was invented. Not only sailors use this kind of shoes but as well as everyone wherein it became fashionable footwear.
Here are steps on how to clean boat shoes:
- Prepare all the materials needed for cleaning like basin, brush, soap and water. This will save time and effort upon cleaning.
- Get some water and soap. Any kind of soap will do but there are great detergent powders or liquid soaps that can easily removed stains or discolorations that are available in the market.
- Remove the shoelaces and midsoles and set them aside. These should be washed separately.
- Fill the basin with water and add some detergent soap to make soapy water. Put the shoe laces and midsole. Hand wash the laces and a brush could be use to clean the midsoles. An old toothbrush will also do the job.
- Then rinse it with running water and hang dry under direct sunlight or with a use of a dryer. Once it is dry, set aside until the shoes is done cleaning.
- A baby wipe or damp cloth can also be use in getting rid of any accumulated dirt on the sole sides. Just wipe it until dirt is completely removed.
- To get the shoes thoroughly clean, get a basin with soapy water and wash the shoes. Using the brush, scrub gently each side including the sole and inside part.
- Thoroughly rinse with running water until soap residue is gone. Then thoroughly wipe it with wet towel then followed with a cloth and let it dry. Hang the shoes were it can get enough air but not with direct sunlight. Refrain from using machine wash and dryer because this might harm the shoes.
This comfortable footwear must be clean always to look good and new. The tips mentioned above will help in cleaning with ease. Avoid using bleach because it can affect the color of the shoes. Always store the shoes in the shoe rack to prevent it from getting dirty.
VIDEO: How To Clean Boat Shoes