For sure, there are moments that you experience skipping CDs whenever you play them on your CD player. The first thing that will come to mind is to clean the CD because there might be dust on the optical surface or it may already be full of scratches. However, when you look at the CD, it does not have any scratch and it is as clean and clear as a new disc.
Now you are wondering, what might possibly cause the CD to skip? Actually, one good reason for skipping CD is a dirty CD player lens. If that is the case, then you need to clean the lens so you can play the CDs again as smoothly as possible.
1. Turn off the CD player and unplug all the cords and cables connected to and from it.
2. Detach the top cover of the CD player. Get an appropriately sized screwdriver to remove all the screws attached to the CD player cover.
3. After unscrewing, keep the cover and the screws in a safe place so you can retrieve them easily after you finish cleaning the lens.
4. Look for the CD head or the lens unit of the CD player. If you are unfamiliar with it, it is a dark box made of plastic that contain glass lens, usually color blue. You should be able to locate the lens because that is what you need to clean.
5. Get a cotton swab or a q-tip and some isopropyl or rubbing alcohol. Now, dampen the cotton swab using a small amount of alcohol. Clean the lens by gently swabbing the q-tip across the glass lens. Make sure to do this very softly and gently as lenses are very sensitive.
6. Afterwards, get another dry cotton swab and use it to wipe the lens from corner to corner. The dry cotton swab will absorb all the moisture left when you earlier swab it with alcohol. Do not stop wiping the area unless you are already certain that the lens is completely dry.
7. Get the top cover of the CD player and the screws. Reattach it to the CD player by perfectly realigning and tightly screwing the head bolt screw back into the player.
8. Once you are sure that you have properly put the cover back, connect the plugs and cables to the CDs. Plug the cord and turn on the CD player. Play the CD you used earlier that experienced skipping. The CD should not be skipping this time.
It is necessary that you always clean your CDS and other discs, as well as your CD players to ensure that listening to music will not be a bothersome experience for you. Listening to music is one of the great ways for relaxation and so you, should not to be stressed out by skipping CDs.
VIDEO: How To Clean CD Player Lens