One problem of having toddlers around is that they love to doodle with crayons. This leaves messy artwork on your wall. Removing crayon on your wall is not achieved by mere wiping alone, but it’s not hard either. The cleaning solutions are just available at home and you don’t have to spend a lot of money with it.
The things that you will need are glass bowl, baking soda, white cloth, water and sponge. Here are the instructions in removing crayon from your wall:
- Get your glass bowl and add baking soda inside. Pour in small amount of water just right to make a paste.
- Rub the paste into the affected area using bare hands. You can also use a white cloth in scrubbing the wall.
- After thorough scrubbing, moisten your sponge with tap water. Make sure to squeeze excess water and wipe the area making sure to clear any residue.
- Wipe the wall with a clean cotton cloth and let it dry for several minutes.
- You can also use the heat from a hair dryer in removing crayon. Place a paper towel on the affected area and turn on your hair dryer. The heat from the hair dryer will melt away crayon wax and it will stick onto your paper towel. This method also works with a household iron in low heat.
- Another product found at home in removing crayon is a lighter fluid. Moisten the white cloth with a lighter fluid and scrub the affected area. Use a sponge and wipe away residue.
Removing crayons on your wall is fast and easy. You don’t have to purchase expensive cleaning agent as the cleaning solutions are available at home. In using lighter fluid, make sure that the affected area is far from your kitchen or stove. You can also test a small amount of lighter fluid on the wall and observe if it doesn’t damage your wall paint. If using the above products doesn’t work, you can purchase a cleaning solution intended for removing crayon wax.
VIDEO: How To Clean Crayon Off Walls