How to Clean Earrings
Every woman desires to have clean and sparkling earrings. Earrings add charm and glow to your face. With proper cleaning procedure, you will definitely achieve a shiny and new looking earring in a little span of time.
The things that you will need are 2 bowls, warm water, distilled water, lint-free cloth or soft cotton cloth, rubber gloves, 3 % hydrogen peroxide and jewelry box. Here are the easy steps in cleaning your earrings:
- Put on your rubber gloves. Place a rubber mat on the area where you would like to clean your earrings.
- Get a small glass bowl and pour in half cup of hydrogen peroxide.
- Drop the earrings inside the bowl with hydrogen peroxide.
- Allow the earrings to soak for 5 to 10 minutes. The peroxide acts in loosening dirt particles that penetrate the crevices.
- Remove your earrings out of the bowl and set it aside on paper towels.
- Use a toothpick to remove remaining dirt in the crevices and cracks of your earrings.
- Rinse the earrings with warm running water. Make sure to remove hydrogen peroxide residue.
- Get another bowl and pour in distilled water. Put the earrings in the bowl and let it sit for few minutes.
- Take the earrings out and wipe it with a soft cotton cloth or a lint-free cloth.
- Allow the earrings to completely dry.
- Place your earrings in a small airtight plastic bag and put it in your jewelry box.
Regular cleaning with earrings is essential so as to avoid any forms of ear infection. You can also soak the earrings overnight for deep cleaning. Avoid using strong cleaning solution as this can make your earrings dry and produce cloudy appearance on its stone.
How to clean silver earrings?
You want to know how to clean silver earrings without ruining your jewelry. To do this, you just have to be careful and pay attention to the following tips. Your silver earrings will recover the beauty they had the first day you wore them. This way, you don’t have to spend a lot of money or time. Follow our directions and enjoy your silver earrings again.
Cleaning silver earrings: tips and preparation
Before we begin to clean the silver earrings, we must take into account a number of details. For example, first of all, we should notice if our earrings are made only of silver or have some kind of decoration or decoration motif from another material. If so, we must be careful with the indications given here for silver and not cause any damage to that material.
On the other hand, it will also be important to know the “amount” of silver available to our piece. To clean the silver earrings it is important to know the percentage of silver in our objects. This is the only way to know the exact cleaning times and possible problems. This is because of the higher the percentage of silver, the lower the hardness of the element.
Clean silver earrings with salt water
Silver is a precious material and it shines with a special shine and different from other materials. However, it is also a weak material and can be easily tarnished, stained or scratched.
To clean silver earrings with salt and water, the first thing we should do is pour two cups of hot water into a container. In this way, silver jewelry can be polished without using an abrasive method. The amount of water will vary depending on the number of jewels we put in the container. However, all of them must always be covered. When performing this step, we must check that the earrings have no other material. If so, we must verify that this composition of water and salt will not affect you. After having the container filled with water, add a tablespoon of salt and stir gently until it is resolved. Then we take a sheet of foil and cut it into strips. Then we place them in the container. It is thanks to this reaction between salt and aluminum that the dirt will begin to fall off the surface of our earrings.
Finally, to finish cleaning the silver earrings, we remove the pieces from the container. We then rinse them with water and gently wipe them with a damp cloth to remove the last pieces of dirt. Now, we will only have to dry the pieces properly with a cloth or napkin and leave them upside down to allow all the water to leave the interior.
Thanks to the salt you will get the dirt completely removed from all your jewels. This is because salt acts as an electrolyte to effect the reaction. However, once the water gets cold, you must get rid of it.