If you wish to obtain your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or ITIN phone number it is important to first of all know your requirements that were updated by the IRS. You will only get the tax identification number (definition corresponding to the acronym itin) if you are a taxpayer eligible to have an SSN, the social security number.
You should also know that among the changes made by the IRS and that it is necessary to take into account is that you must use it in five years at least once on your federal tax return, use it because otherwise it will be deactivated.
If you understood all of the above now you’ll be interested to know….
ITIN Telephone Number (407-344.1012) and its requirements to obtain it
- You need to know your phone number because if you did not use it on your federal income tax return in 5 years at least 1 time you deactivated it and therefore you must apply again.
- You must present the originals of the documents either international identity document, passport or certified copy of the documents.
- The people, organizations or companies authorized by the IRS are the ones who will help you obtain the itin.
- Certified tax preparers, financial institutions and some universities may be able to help you.
- You can even get help at VITAs, voluntary income tax assistance sites, IRS taxpayer assistance centers, and low-income taxpayer-oriented clinics.
- The certified acceptance agent known as CAA will review the documentation, and if you are married, it will be your spouse who must complete a certificate of accuracy to send to the IRS along with your tax return, application, and copy of your documents.
- But certified copies and originals must be sent to the IRS if you have dependents.
What are the ITIN number requirements
- As for the ITIN number requirements, you should know that there is an amount that exceeds the 2 million ITINs that expire at the end of 2018, so the IRS recommends that if you are an affected taxpayer you should submit your renewal application as soon as possible and thus avoid the delay of the refund for the following year.
- In fact, the IRS was able to foresee the number of taxpayers affected, for which it increased the number of staff who are in charge of filing W-7 advance applications to facilitate the renewal process for the year 2019.
- This avoids delays that will affect your 2019 tax filing and refunds.
What ITIN numbers expire in 2018?
- Please note that as of December 31, 2018, your ITINs expired if you did not use it on a federal income tax return in the last three years at least once.
- Your ITIN will even expire at the end of 2019 if it has average digits listed with 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81, 83.
- Therefore, if you are one of the affected taxpayers, you should file your renewal application as soon as possible and then file your 2019 tax return.
- In case you need help, you’ll find it on IRS.gov because the IRS provides you with information on the national effort it’s making to help ITIN holders and you’ll find it in several languages.
- If the average digits of your ITINs are 70, 71, 72, 78, 79 or 80 you can renew it whenever you want.
- Your spouse and dependent, if residing in the United States need to renew their ITINs.
- But if your spouse and dependent do not reside in the United States, they do not need to renew their ITINs, unless they are claimed for a benefit and file their tax return because they are entitled to it.
- The above regulation has to do with the suspension for tax year 2018 to 2025 on personal exemptions under the Employment and Tax Reduction Act.
How do I get my ITIN number online?
- How can I get my ITIN number online? You must complete the W-7 form that you will find to download, print and complete on the official IRS website.
- When you complete all the requirements, you will send the form in person, by mail, or through an accepting agent.
- There are four ways to submit your W-7.
- Please note that you cannot submit Form W-7 online. Yes, you will find online the form to download, print and complete but you will not send it online.
- However, you can take advantage of the Freedomtax ITIN number online service, as it is the safest way for you to apply online for the ITIN number, otherwise it would be risky for you.
- Because you know that the Internet is dangerous enough to share your information, it can be stolen and there may be users who are not authorized to access it.
- For this reason Freedomtax ITIN has the perfect design for you to securely request your ITIN number online.
- In fact, the IRS found several fake sites that claimed to be official and cheated by obtaining personal information from taxpayers.
- For this reason, if you are concerned about the privacy of your personal information, you will most likely submit Form W-7 in person, using Freedomtax’s online service or through one of the IRS AA or IRS TAC.
- However, you can count on the telephone number 407-344.1012 where a representative will solve your doubts related to obtaining your ITIN number.
Can an illegal immigrant obtain a tax identification number?
- You need to know if an illegal immigrant can obtain a tax identification number, because in this sense there is a program that since 1996 instituted the IRS in which it indicates that those who are not eligible to obtain an SSN, the social security number would file their tax returns with an ITIN.
- The ITIN would then function as the tax processing number restricting its use for tax filing.
- However, even if you have an ITIN, it does not grant you authorization to work in the United States, nor does it establish your immigration status or make you eligible for Social Security benefits.
- It also doesn’t make you eligible for an EITC tax credit.
- In short, you cannot use the item as identification, since it is only part of the tax system.
- So if you are an illegal immigrant, you have the right to obtain your tax identification number.