The function of the free notary near me in the United States of America is more important than in many other countries. In other geographic locations, this job is carried out by legal professionals, but the possibility of notarizing a document in the United States is much easier.
In the United States there are frequent private agreements to authorize a proven respectable, trustworthy and responsible person in his community to become a legal professional that can notarize documents in a public notary.
Now, you can answer your question, “Where can I get a free public notary near me?”. This article gives you clear information about these matters, and also there is a lot of additional information regarding a public notary..
What are Public Notaries and what do they do?
A public notary is a person that serves as a witness in the drafting of a legal document. Said figure is the person who can give public faith in an agreement between two parties.
Furthermore, that person adheres to all legal statutes of the jurisdiction where the negotiation is made.
In most cases the person that serves as a public notary tends to alternate his function with another parallel employment. They are present in law firms, bank offices, immigration procedure offices and any other places where their services are required.
Among the functions that require the attention of a public notary are the followings:
- Document administration.
- Take acknowledgements.
- Certify copies.
- Carry out weddings.
- Legalize inheritance distribution documents.
- Declared jurisdictions.
- Licenses that could considerably vary according to the case and for what it is needed.
- Loans request and legalization.
- Real estate purchase or sales closing.
- Mortgage closing.
- To open certain bank accounts.
- Powers of attorney.
- Lease or rent contracts.
- Immigration procedure formalities
To obtain accreditation as a public notary, it is not necessary to have a face-to-face meeting. Each state has official websites in order to obtain a legal certificate to carry out this function.
The person has to fill in the required data and wait for the page to accredit you. Then, you download and print the document.
Requirements to become a public notary
- Over 18 years old.
- Don’t have any criminal record.
- Be able to read and write the official language.
- Be a legal resident of the state.
- Be updated with the most recent legal dispositions, according to the state where the function is carried out.
- You must have the accreditation document that certifies you as a public notary.
- The printed or digital certificate that accredits a person as the public notary is legal all over the United States.
However, when serving in border-states, where immigration is considerable, there is an additional required requirement of language proficiency. In other words, the professional should be bilingual or an expert in the language used by the country on the other side of the border.
Are there notarized documents for free?
You probably ask yourself, ¿Are there free notary services near me? And the answer is yes. In the whole United States there are bank offices with notary services especially for those who have accounts in the entity.
If the client is receiving legal support from a lawyer, the formalities to generate trust in a document and to avoid possible fraud could be taken care off.
Usually, the cost of notarizing is included in the legal fees established between your lawyer and you. The maximum cost of what a public notary can charge is established by the state where he/she serves.
The documents you can notarize for free are:
- Vehicle bill of sale.
- Power of attorney.
- Handgun permit.
- Promissory note agreement.
- Between others.
How much does it cost to notarize a document?
To notarize a document in the United States of America is totally free in some banks. Because this action is within the lawyer’s duties or a bank office.
In the exceptional case a public notary is needed, a notary of the nation could be used. In this specific case, you can reach an agreement for a modest payment.
Generally, each sign costs about 20 dollars, but if it is for a mortgage or loan the cost can reach 100 dollars.
On very rare occasions, there are documents that for special legal reasons are more expensive:
- Resigning to hereditary rights could cost around 140 dollars.
- General or Special judicial powers for ordinary people: they could cost 140 dollars.
- General or Special judicial powers for legal persons: up to $ 209.
Where can you get a nearby Free Notary?
The National Notaries Association points out that there are more than four million public notaries in the United States of America, so you could find a free notary service nearby at any bank agency, or in a private or state law firm.
Sometimes you will need information about where to find a notary, especially regarding their schedule which could be sometimes random, depending on your geographic location in the North American territory.
Therefore, each state provides a list of accredited public notaries. So it is easy to find one. The best idea is to select the bank of your preferences, search on the net to find which of its branches are near to you, or find its telephone number to consult.
What Banks have Free Notaries nearby?
Many banks have free notary services. On the bank’s official page, anyone can arrange an appointment with the professional in charge.
It must be said that the documents you take to the bank offices, should not be digitally signed. What is recommended in these cases is to wait for the notary to establish a signing date.
In case you decide to go to the physical office, the organization is so good, it only takes 30 minutes to notarize any document.
Here you have some banks that offer the notary services for free.
Ø Provident Bank: for Provident members it is available the notary services, for them are completely free, but for no-members, the services will have a fee.
– Schedule: Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 7:00pm.
Saturday, from 9:00am to 2:00pm
– Telephone Number: 800.448.7768
– You can locate a branch on the Provident official webpage.
Ø Bank of America: the Bank of America notary services are without any fee for customers, you have to call the bank because not in all of its offices this service is available.
– Schedule: Monday – Thursday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
– Telephone number: 800.432.1000
– You can locate a branch on the Bank of America official webpage.
Ø Chase Bank: this bank offers the option to notarize documents free to its clients, you just have to consult which of its offices near you is available for that service.
– Schedule: Monday – Thursday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm
– Telephone number: 1-800-935-9935.
Ø Citibank: this bank offers the notary service for its customers for free, but not all its branches offer this service, the best option is to call to ask which one of them is available.
– Schedule: Monday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm
– Telephone number: 1-800-374-9700
How to find a notary public near me in USA
You are looking for a notary public and you do not know how to find one, because the United States makes it very easy for you regardless of the state of your residence or city, because you will always find one near where you live.
Below you will find all the details so you can solve your problem:
Where can I find a notary public?
There are many public notaries but you only need one near where you live, so to search for it you must go to the official site of the American Association of Notaries, it is the directory that the United States offers you to make your search much easier.
- Go to https://www.notarypublicstamps.com/ and you will find a free listing.
- Complete the form by entering your city to start the search for the notary near your home, enter the zip code and distance in miles so that the site can find notaries within that radius.
- Click Search.
- Next, the site will show you the list with all the public notaries that are within the radius of miles that you indicated.
Then you will find the list by zip code, with the name of the state, the name of the notary and the phone number so you can communicate.
You may also be interested in: What is the cost of the online notary public course
Notary Public at the US Consulate
You can approach the United States consulate where the consular officers can offer you the same service as a United States notary public.
If you are a foreigner or a US citizen, you can notarize documents that will be used on US land.
The appointment is provided only from Monday to Thursday with scheduled time and day. Keep in mind that if you arrive more than half an hour late, you must reschedule the appointment for another day and time.
In the same appointment you can notarize several documents without being charged an additional fee for each one of them.
Show up 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Take with you the document that you need to notarize without signing.
Print the forms on one side only because double-sided forms are not accepted.
Have with you your de-identification issued by the government with your signature and whose issue does not exceed 5 years.
You can present your ID, your passport or your driver’s license but student cards are not accepted.
You can pay the fee with an international credit card or with cash.
Depending on the notarial service you require, you may require witnesses, as embassy staff or consular officers cannot be witnesses.
If you are a member or representative of a company, you must present proof with an official document where your status can be verified in a company letterhead, a legal document, a business card, the constitutive contract such as the company contract, the state commercial registry , the management or custody letter and ultimately a document stating your status as a member or representative of the company.
Notary Public at the US Embassy
At the US embassy you can notarize:
- Declared jurisdictions.
- Savings bonds.
- Real estate documents.
- United States court forms.
The embassy does not legalize:
- Driver’s licenses.
- Death certificates.
- Marriage certificates.
- Birth certificates.
Nor does it perform translations, legalization, or issuance of faithful copies of academic documents or affidavits of support, and the legalization that can be legalized is not done with the Medallion Signature Guarantee.
What is a notary public?
A notary public is a public official appointed by the state government to be placed at the service of the public for the treatment of non-contentious matters. He is not a civil law attorney.
What does a notary public do?
- Witness the signing of documents in order to prevent fraud and verify authenticity.
- Manage affirmations and oaths.
- Take legal and affidavit statements.
- Take the scripture acknowledgments.
Notary public near me in the United States
United States consulates and embassies offer notary public services to anyone regardless of their nationality as long as the document you need from the notary is used in the jurisdiction of the United States.
Notary Public in Los Angeles:
To find a notary public in Los Angeles you can be guided by the following list:
- Dominik Mobile Notary, phone: (833) 668-2798.
- Julie Rice Mobile Notary, phone: (310) 403-0815.
- Notary And Ship Store. Teléfono: (818) 241-4011.
- Rachel Mintz Mobile Notary Public, phone: (323) 632-5020.
- Wilshire Shipping Center, phone: (213) 383-8100.
- Hollywood Notary Public & Live Scan Fingerprinting: 4900 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029: teléfono: (323) 664-3365.
- Century Documents: Phone: (310) 441-5400
- The UPS Store: 5419 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 9002: Phone: (323) 460-6323
- On My Way Notary Public: teléfono: (323) 518-6300.
- Sade’s Mobile Notary Services, phone: (310) 213-6951.
- That Notary Gal, phone: (310) 210-6319.
- The UPS Store, Shipping Centers, Printing Services, Mailbox Centers, Wilshire Center, Koreatown. 3183 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90010, teléfono: (213) 351-1338.
Public Notary in Miami:
If you are looking for a notary public in Miami, they can guide you through the following list of notaries near your location:
- The UPS Store. 3725 W Flagler St. Miami, FL 3313, teléfono: (786) 452-9661.
- Fox Gary D Atty. 1 SE 3rd Ave. Miami, FL 33131, teléfono: (844) 819-4322-
- Carl Queener. 6641 SW 42nd St. Miami, FL 33155, Phone: (305) 299-6545.
- Notary Public – Miami – 24 Hours, telephone: (305) 509-0707.
- Notary Public Ferdinando Papeo. Coral Gate, Silver Bluff. 3658 Coral Way. Miami, FL 33145, teléfono: (305) 444-6141.
- Rosy’s Service. 6785 SW 8th St. Miami, FL 33144. Phone: (305) 266-9117
- Docurapid. 300 Aragon Ave. Coral Gables, FL 33134, phone: (786) 552-5011.
- Miami Notary, phone: (305) 815-2345.
- Gables Postal Store. 475 Biltmore Way. Coral Gables, FL 33134, phone: (305) 442-4484.
- 305 Notarizer, phone: (305) 397-9365.
- Wynwood Notary Services. 4020 NW 2nd Ave. Miami, FL 33127, teléfono: (786) 600-9379.
- Notary Public Services- Mobile, phone: (786) 718-2959
Public Notary in Tijuana:
If you need to find a notary public in Tijuana, below you can read a list that will guide you to choose the one that seems the best:
- A Notary On the Go, phone: (619) 206-7697.
- Smoked Arruti Carlos e. Lic. Blvd. Díaz Ordaz 6321 4. 22630 Tijuana, Baja California. Mexico, telephone: 664 629 0710.
- Income Tax & Business Services. 315 E San Ysidro Blvd. San Ysidro, CA 92173, phone: (619) 690-1975.
- Public Notary No. 1, Ninth Ignacio Zaragoza 222, 5, 22000 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Telephone: 664 685 4567.
- Notary No. 15: University 2316. 22427 Tijuana, Baja California. Mexico, telephone: 664 624 1660
- Morales Persson José Luis Lic. Blvd. Díaz Ordaz 13327, 207 Fracc las Palmas. 22106 Tijuana, Baja California. Mexico. Telephone: 664 681 6820.
- Notary Six. Sánchez Taboada 10116, 301. 22010 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Telephone: 664 684 9259.
- Mata Quinones Guillermo Lic. Callejón Gloria 18 Veinte de Viembre. 22400 Tijuana, Baja California. Mexico. Telephone: 668 812 3249.
- Ibanez Herrera Xavier Lic. Antonio Caso 1909, 4 Downtown Zone. 22000 Tijuana, Baja California. Mexico. Telephone: 664 685 6301.
- Elizondo Corral Arturo B Lic. Paseo del Pedregal 707. 22710 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Telephone: 664 630 8713.